Last Updated: July 7, 2021
Table of Contents
- •Collection and Use of Personal Information
- •Information We Collect Automatically
- •De-identified Data
- •Disclosure of Personal Information
- •Third Party Links
- •Retention of Personal Information
- •Your Choices
- •Your Rights
- •Contact Us
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information as necessary to provide our Services to you and to respond to your questions and inquiries. The type of personal information that we collect, and the purposes for which it is used, will depend on how you interact with us.
The personal information we collect includes:
- •Name and contact information
- •Age or date of birth and gender
- •Information collected through health and safety screenings
- •Information collected in connection with fitness assessments or personalized training programs, such as information about your fitness level and physical measurements.
- •Member number or barcode, and Movati club name and location
- •Username and password for online accounts and access to online, digital or mobile Services
- •Information we may collect through security systems at our clubs, such as access dates and times and video surveillance
- •Payment information, such as credit card information
- •Information related to your use of our Services, including the classes you attend, the content you access on our Website or mobile applications,
- •Other information you may choose to provide to us, such as information about your preferences and goals, or information you include in inquiries or complaints.
We use this information to:
- •Provide our Services, including to create and manage member accounts, provide and manage access to our online, digital and mobile Services, communicate with members in respect of their account, provide customer service and support, and process payments.
- •Provide members with tailored communications about products, services, classes and events that may be of interest to them.
- •Better understand how our members use our Services in order to improve the Services and develop new or enhanced products or services.
- •Request feedback from members, such as through member-satisfaction surveys, administer contests and promotions.
- •Respond to your requests and complaints.
- •Manage our business including to maintain business records for reasonable periods, enforce our agreements, detect, investigate and prevent fraud or other activities that are unlawful or in violation of Movati’s policies and terms, maintain the safety and security of our premises, protect the health and safety of other members and staff, and collect amounts owing to us.
- •For other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Information We Collect Automatically
We use data collection tools to automatically collect information when individuals visit our Website or use our online, digital or mobile Services (collectively, our “Online Properties”), including:
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Most internet browsers accept cookies, but if you do not want us to collect your data in this way, you should decline cookies within your own internet browser. Similarly, you can delete cookies that have already been placed on your device through your internet browser’s settings. Please note that declining or deleting cookies may affect your use of our Website.
When you use our Online Properties, our servers automatically record certain information in server logs. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on our Online Properties, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, mobile carrier, and other such information. Log files help us to monitor, analyze, improve and maintain the Online Properties and to diagnose and fix any service related issues.
When you access Online Properties using a mobile device, we collect specific device information contained in your mobile device’s “device identifier.” This device identifier includes information such as the type of device you are using, its operating system, and mobile network information, which may include your mobile phone number. We may associate this device identifier with your Movati account(s) and will use data associated with your device identifier to customize our Online Properties to your device and to analyze any device related issues.
We may collect and process information about the location of the device from which you are accessing the Online Properties. You can disable location based services in settings associated with your device; however please be aware that some features of the Online Properties may not function properly if location services are turned off.
We may use third party service providers like Google Analytics to collect information about your use of the Website, such as the features used and time spent on the Online Properties, to help us better understand our users and improve our Online Properties. The information we gather is used in an aggregate, non-identifiable form. For information about information is processed in connection with Google Analytics please read the Google Analytics Policy here.
We use the information we collect, including data collected automatically through tools such as cookies, to create de-identified data that cannot be associated with, or used to identify a member or user of our Online Properties. We may use and share de-identified data with third parties in order to analyze and improve products or services, create new products or services, and for research and marketing purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may transfer personal information to service providers that provide certain services on our behalf, such as data hosting and processing, marketing, analytics, information technology services, payment processing, and debt collection. Some of these service providers may be located outside of Canada, including in the United States. While outside of Canada, personal information will be subject to applicable foreign laws, which may permit government and national security agencies to access your information in certain circumstances.
- Legal: We may disclose personal information where permitted or required by law, including to comply with a subpoena or warrant, to law enforcement in connection with an investigation, to protect our rights and the safety and security of our employees, and to enforce our agreements and collect debts owed to us.
- With Your Consent: We may disclose your personal information in other circumstances with your consent.
Third Party Links
We protect personal information using safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. These safeguards may include measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information. We limit access to personal information to our employees and service providers who require access in connection with their role or function. Despite these measures, since no system or security measure is completely secure, it is possible that personal information may be lost, stolen or accessed without authorization.
Retention of Personal Information
Personal information is maintained on our servers or those of our service providers and is retained as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected, in accordance with prudent business practices on general document retention, or as otherwise required by law.
You may (subject to contractual and legal restrictions) refuse to provide your consent, or choose to withdraw your consent, to our processing of your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer (see “Contact Us” below). Note that if you refuse to consent, or withdraw your consent, to certain processing of your personal information, we may not be able to provide certain Services.
You may unsubscribe from our promotional email communications at any time by using the unsubscribe feature included in those messages. Please note that if you unsubscribe from our promotional email communications you may still receive transactional or business-related communications from us.
You may request access, updating or correction of your personal information (subject to limited exceptions prescribed by law) by submitting a written request to our Privacy Officer (see “Contact Us” below). We may take steps to verify your identity before providing access or making corrections.
For more information about Movati’s privacy practices, to update, correct or obtain access to your personal information, to withdraw your consent, or if you have privacy-related questions or concerns, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Movati Privacy Officer
Movati Athletic 295 The West Mall, Suite #410